Latest version – 15 April 2020
If you are younger than sixteen years old, you cannot use our Website, App and Services without the permission of your parents or legal guardian.
To offer our Website, App and Services we process personal data. "Personal data" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person as defined in the Relevant Legislation.
We can store your data at various moments, for example when you visit our
Website, create an account via our Website or App, use our Services or when
you contact us. We are allowed to process your data because we ask your
We will not process your data without your consent, unless we are legally obliged to do so.
To use our Website, App and Services, we need the following data:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
We can also store the following non-personal data if you use our Website or App:
- The type of your browser
- The operating system that you use
- The internet service provider
- Google Analytics cookie id, hashed ip address, user agent, installation and uninstallation date of App/browser extension, browser details of App/browser extension, amount of trees planted and plantable
We save the following data to your account: username, encrypted passwords and basic order information. This way, you don't need to provide us with your data again. We also save - for your own convenience - the data of former orders.
It is possible that the provider of social media sends us information
(according to his policy), if you use social media functions on our
Website. That can be your name, profile picture, gender, friends list and
other information that you provided. If you don't want the social media
provider to send us the information, you can change the privacy settings of
your social-media account.
If you are on a webpage that uses social media add-ins, your browser sends certain information to the provider of your social-media account. We do not control this data sharing.
We may ask you to participate in market research. We shall use your data for the market research. We use that statistical data anonymously for TreeClicks h.o.d.n. Jebede. You can close the question list at any moment. We do not share your answers with others or make them publicly available. In addition, your answers are not connected to your e-mail address.
If you participate in a campaign or contest, we ask the following data: email address, name, address. This way, we can carry out the campaign and announce prize-winners. We also measure the responses to our advertising.
TreeClicks h.o.d.n. Jebede offers newsletters. That way, you are fully informed of (discount)offers and other news. We use an opt-in system. Every time we send you a newsletter you have the possibility to unsubscribe from the newsletter.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes listed above or any other purpose that is connected thereto. This way, your data will never be used by us in an unexpected way.
We work hard to protect your personal data from unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure, use or destruction. That way, unauthorized persons do not have access to your data. We take the following measures to protect your personal data:
- Secure network connections with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology or a technology that is similar to SSL,
- Back-up data.
We shall store your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes listed above.
We may share your personal data with others. In a data processing agreement (DPA), we shall agree with those parties that they shall use your data carefully and they shall only receive the data that is relevant for their services. These parties use your data in accordance with our instructions and not for their own purposes. We can share your data for example with:
- Amazon Web Services and Fortrabbit. They will provide website hosting, provide backup services and send emails for us.
- Sendgrid, Twilio, Namecheap Mail, and Slack for Communication purposes.
- Hotjar and Google Analytics. For Web and Mobile Analytics.
- Google Optimize. For Website Testing.
- Sentry. For Performance Monitoring for App and Website.
- K. Sistermans. For customer support and social media support (DPA processing).
These parties are "processors" within the meaning of the Relevant Legislation.
Sometimes we share your data with third parties who are not processors. We will agree with those parties that they will use your data carefully. They will only use your data in accordance for the purposes that we received your data for. We may share your data for example with:
- Affiliate Marketing Programs. We do this only on request: if an order is missing and you request us to trace the order. Examples of Affiliate Marketing Programs include: Skimlinks, VigLink, Awin, YieldKit, Amazon Affiliation, Linkpizza, TradeTracker, TradeDoubler and CJ Affiliate Program.
- Social media login providers like Facebook, Google and Apple.
- Iubenda. For functional purposes.
- YouTube video embed. We try to use the more privacy-friendly YouTube embed functionality if it is possible.
- Advertising providers: Facebook advertising, Instagram advertising, Bing, Google, Twitter advertising, Reddit and Quora.
- Remarketing providers: Facebook Custom Audience, Google Analytics Remarketing, Quora, Reddit, Bing. You can reject these platforms by rejecting the cookie screen that shows when you first visit TreeClicks.com.
We also may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may transfer or share information from or about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. If these Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers are processors we will try to have a DPA in place.
We will only process your data within the European Union. We will only
process your data outside of the European Union if the country has an
effective protection level for your data.
We will never transfer your data to other countries or other parties then described above.
You may find advertising or other content on our Website and in our App that link to other websites. We do not control the content on these websites and are not responsible for the content or the privacy protection of these websites. We advise you to read the privacy policies of those websites.
Cookies are little (text)files which are stored on your computer. Your web
browser stores these cookies when you visit our Website. These cookies will
be retrieved when you visit our website again. This allows our Website to
recognise you as a previous visitor.
You can change your cookie settings in your browser, if you don't want cookies to be sent to your device. We will not save cookies if you visit our Website. Please note that some Website features or services of our Website may not function properly without cookies. You can read our cookie statement for more information: https://www.treeclicks.com/cookie-policy .
The data we collect is personal. Therefore, you have the following rights:
- You may request access to the personal data we process about you;
- You may request us to correct, update, shield or delete your personal information in our records;
- You may request a copy of the personal data we have processed about you. We can - on your request - send this copy to another party, so you don't have to send the data yourself;
- You may file a complaint against processing your data;
- You may file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens), if you are under the impression that we process your data unlawfully;
- You may always withdraw your consent to process your data. We cannot process your data from the moment you withdraw your consent.
Kleine Gartmanplantsoen 10
1017 RR Amsterdam
info [at] treeclicks.com